Saturday 18 December 2010

felt fun.........

Well I didn't get to the shop on Thursday as planned but I got their Friday afternoon and ended up staying the night with Kerry and family...........I got a little carried away with lots of bits and pieces I needed or didn't need but got anyway.......LOL........I got the batting for the quilt I finished early this month and then dropped it off at the quilters on the way home too. 
Kerry had some cool felt and felt balls etc in and she had some pincushion kits using the felt so I said lets make one tonight............
Kerry had taken a kit into the house but she hadn't got around to making it up into a kit. So after dinner we got fiddling with the kits.........a bit of stitching here and there, some beading (remember Kerry you must go back thru the big bead............LOL.....) a hot glue gun and a bottle of champagne and we had these creations. 
There is quite a bit of felt in the kits all pre cut shapes except the leaves and we decided to make a pincushion and also a brooch. 
We just need to get some brooch clips and we are done. It was heaps of fun..........
I had emailed various orders to Kerry thru the sale so far so picked up this book. 
Fat Quarter Quilting by Lori Smith.
Sorry about the glare....... 
%%%
I got some of these cool buttons........I especially love the ones in the bottom photo which is what I got........
%%%
Can't show you everything as some will be surprises for you know who at Christmas. 
But heaps of fun. All will be revealed in the new year. 

Catch you later..............
Chookyblue
PS gotta go find my hot glue gun...............didn't know I had one but Mr Chooky assures me I got one last year with some power tool deal he did...........more felting fun to be had............
7 SLEEPS TIL CHRISTMAS............no peeking in those SSCS presents..............
12 presents to be delivered...........

18 comments:

Leanne said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and I expect the jaw got a good work out.

May Kristin said...

So fun to have a time like this!

gracie said...

Wonderful projects...sounds like a nice time adn productive too.

Dawn said...

Lots of fun had by the sounds...always nice to pend time with friends...Mr christmas must have my pressie on the bottom... no show here, yet but am looking forward to it.
hugs Dawn x x

Isabella said...

Sounds like you guys had some fun

Lynn said...

Uh-oh, not sure hot glue guns and bottles of champagne mix. Sounds the the potential for injury or lopsided gluing. But your projects have turned out so cute regardless!

ranette said...

What fun!!! Love the pincushion! You will really like the book...

Jo said...

Sounds like you had a great time and like your felt projects

CREATIVE DISORGANIZATION said...

How cold to have a crafty bottle sleep over....You go girl!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the Felt Pincushion..sounds like a Good Time was Had... well the Champers probably Helped!!.lol
cheers

Annie said...

I love playing with felt - love the pincushion Chook.

Calidore said...

Love the felting. So very cute. Good to hear you had a wondeful time.

Merry Christmas

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like you had a good night..love what you created...

Wendy said...

Great projects and sounds like a lot of fun.......So hard not to peek but so far so good.

Wendyb said...

I sure hope my parcel reaches its destination in time....doesn't look like it's made it there yet!?
Christmas blessings
Wendy :O)

Carole said...

I love that applique book! Will be doing a Hand Applique club at the Shoppe! Lots of pretty little quilts! Enjoy! Cheers!

Tatkis said...

Such a cute felt creations! And congratulations with the book and buttons :)

Best wishes,
Tatyana

DAWNIE said...

love your felt works of art - very creative - nice colours too