Thursday 30 December 2010

presents........

Today is supposed to go to 36 deg cel.............summer is finally coming...........the next few days are only going to be hotter............
%%%%%
The generosity of fellow bloggers never ceases to amaze me........
In an online group we had a swap.....I was the secret Santa to Bec...(i'll show you what I sent Bec in another post)......anyway sneakily Bec had sent me this thankyou parcel for organising a few swaps she is involved with..............it is a mini quilt pattern kit......... thanks heaps Bec most appreciated........
Clare had a giveaway  and I was lucky to win...........I showed you the pattern last week and now here is the book I won........thanks Clare.........now what to make............
Carole a friend in the USA sent some wooden gifts her dh made.........
mine is the thread holder and he turned spinning tops for Bookworm and Fairy Girl.........they spin so well...........perfectly balanced.........
Illene Retdairyqueen made a decoration like this for her SSCS partner and I asked her about the pattern............she said she had got the templates from a friend and there wasn't a pattern as such so offered to make one for me if I was patient.......this was back in November........yes I am patient and I had forgotten about it until the parcel arrived last week.......it is just gorgeous........soft tinkly bells...........
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE 
give your love and thoughts to Illene as her precious daughter Lorraine passed away yesterday after a long battle.........
and another generous blogger is Fiona.............when I started to get re-inspired for cross stitch she posted this magazine she had purchased on her blog...........I asked where she got it from and she she said no worries I'll get one for you..............thanks heaps Fiona........
Lynn is another long time SSCS swapper and she sent me a little thanks present.........
hand towel and pot holder...........cute little ginger bread men fabric..........
also this lovely stitchery.......perfect..........I just need to get to kids to find the perfect stick so I can hang it up on the wall...........
and Mum brought me a new subscription to Homespun.....mine had run out.....I didn't see her for Christmas so Fairy Girl designed a card and the subscriptions was from both of them..........Fairy Girl had to do the detective work to find the subscription details etc............she made this card for my present............
designed a magazine cover etc.............so cute...........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue
PS remember my felt pincushion and brooch well Kerry has posted hers now too..............check it out .......also she is going to have a felt play day on 15th Jan if you interested.............

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such sad news to hear about Illene's daughter. All my prayers are going out to her and her family.

loulee said...

You got some cool gifties there.
So sorry to hear Iilene bad news.
P.S. Enjoy your meet up with Janice, she's a lovely girl, so I'm sure you will.

Leanne said...

You deserve each and every one of those gifts organizer extraordinaire.

BubzRugz said...

How very sad for Illene at this time.....
Those are really lovely gifts you received.....
Enjoy the sunshine...
Hugz

Chocolate Cat said...

What gorgeous gifts! You will be kept busy!!

Unknown said...

Lots of Great Goodies there..I Do Love the Xmas Tree from Illene..it's so different...
cheers

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What lovely gifts! I especially like that Christmas tree...lovely!

Micki said...

What lovely gifts you received. Sorry about the sad news about Illene's daughter. Hope the New Year will bring happiness to all.
Micki

Lynn said...

So glad you liked your gift. It was a joy making it for you, seeing how your sscs brings so many of us so much happiness! Happy New Year!

Bec said...

Beautiful gifts for you! I am pleased you liked my surprise! So sorry to hear about Illene's daughter...