Sunday 12 December 2010

Fairy Girl's blue dress...........

See you know how Maree was saying about throwing things out.........what if you need them??????
....don't throw them out Maree.........you'll need it.......
......well panic hit yesterday arvo did I have any binding when I got into the groove and wanted to whip this one up..........searching high and low thinking I had some binding somewhere finally into stuff I have had for a millions years I found some lovely white binding.........just what I needed..........probably brought it 20 years ago but we won't go there..............
Fairy Girl loves this one.........
This pattern is Burda Kids 9544 dress C......
......it is quite slim fitting and was supposed to be made of jersey (read that after I had cut the other one out).....I have used a poly cotton........worked fine but Fairy Girl is a stick too.........
I have brought several patterns over the last few months and didn't realise I have a couple quite similar so I am in the process of whipping up a top.............using another pattern....
....do I have some more binding?????
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dress for Fairy Girl!! I have LOADS of jersey here... maybe I should start sewing with it!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Even my daughter (Miss 9)said your dress looked beautiful!
Lisa

Tarnyia said...

The fabric used is just gorgeous and a very simple cool dress for summer xxx

Isabella said...

Where do you get the time :) its lovely oh to be that size again.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Darling dress. And FG is a wisp!

CREATIVE DISORGANIZATION said...

That is a really sweet dress and looks great on her.....I have heaps of binding as I stocked up for the book bags I'm doing....Not that far away if need more...LoL

Mary said...

Lovely - pretty colors and the fabric drapes around her so greacefully - good job!

Mary in MN

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Nice work Chooky....Beautiful dress!!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Fairy Girl looks lovely, what a lovely cool summery dress.

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere once that if you haven't used something in twelve month throw it out, well I don't think so....

The dress looks lovely.
Christine

Jodie said...

Yikes ! When did fairygirl get so tall????

Chocolate Cat said...

What a cute and comfy looking dress! Gosh Fairy Girl has got taller!

Lynn said...

Such a pretty dress. I think I may have you beat. I know I have had some trims for more than 20 years. You're right let's not talk to much about that. Anyway it's beautiful fabric and the trim is pretty on it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Totally agree Chooky...gorgeous...

Jo in TAS said...

I remember when I was a stick, it was lots of years and kilos ago! It looks very cool

Lurline said...

Super dress - super model!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

FairyGirl looks Lovely in her New Dress..is that Sunshine I see in the background...Yeah!!
cheers

rachelmp said...

Fairy girl looks lovely!

Leanne said...

A very feminine dress for a girl I last saw covered in mud.

Robyn said...

if u need binding sing out..........i think i have a coupla miles of it. very pretty dress.

Kris said...

I'm with Christine on this one! Keep it all, forever! I keep binding, zips, thread etc on hand. (The fabric goes without saying. You HAVE to have a stash to comment here, right?) You never know when the mood will take you!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! One of my fave excuses for NOT cleaning my sewing room is that I know as soon as I throw something out, I will need it ... so I keep it just in case! Tee! Hee! Hee! And bargains/finds always come in handy ... your eleastic bargain helped me make two cute pairs of Christmas-gift shorts for the nephews! :0) Lovely cool looking dress for Fairy Girl ... how lucky she is to be a stick ... I think I'm the barel made from the tree trunk! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Miriam said...

Love it, Donna!!!
I'm glad you found that binding!

Anita said...

Lovely dress - very pretty!

Nicky said...

Very pretty dress, perfect for when that rain stops..... is that some sunshine I see in the background?