Wednesday 1 December 2010

now it's really really wet..............

Hey I haven't been washed away yet...............were over 5 inchs of rain now......the creek is full and flooding out...........I snapped these pics when the sun was out for an hour or so...........
This it the leech that latched onto Fairy Girl while she was playing on one of the water courses..............LOL..........you should have heard the screams..............I really don't like them but she freeks..........LOL...........
Here is the road to town.............no work for me this week............there is a major flood coming for town so even if this dries (which I doubt) up a little I won't be going to town.............but as I said last post more inchs of rain are forecast for the rest of the week............the flood doesn't affect us too much at this stage but the property where the crops are will get flooding in the cropping paddocks if the river floods at what they have forecast.............the field bins full of grain will be sitting in water.............really NOT what we want or need.........
When we don't drive on the road above this is the paddock we drive in.............yep too wet......
......only wished I did a better shop last week......oh well i'll clean out the cupboards a bit..............I wasn't expecting flooding rain............kids are happy - probably no school for the rest of the week...........
we have rain forecast everyday until 23rd December.....
.........OMG......
.....this is NOT NORMAL for us...........
oh well if I have to - back to the stitching and sewing machine..............LOL
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

25 comments:

Joolz said...

Sounds like lots of cooking from scratch - I hope you have all the staples to keep you going for a few days - flour, sugar, milk, butter, egss.

We've missed the rain so far (Lower SE of SA) but it's looking thundery now. We could do with a top up for our tanks.

Cheers - Joolz

Kate said...

I am with Fairy Girl... leeches - yuk!!!!
Terrible time for the rain, I hope you can still salvage some of the grain.

Cardygirl said...

Batten down the hatches and get the animals paired up....they are forecasting more beachfront out your way! Stay safe! Hmmm...and you can't check your mail...evil laugh!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hope it doesn't get too bad.
Take care
Christine

gracie said...

Hopefully your crops will be able to survive the rain....I will keep you in my thoughts...maybe you will get a lot of stitching in! Uck on the leeches!

Leanne said...

It's a wonder we didn't hear her screaming down here. They do look kinda creepy though. It has rain really hard here today.

Miriam said...

Goodness me!! That is wet!

Hmmm, not keen on leeches here, either!!

I hope you get lots of time to play on your new sewing machine while you are at home.

Candace said...

It seems like no matter where in the world you live, the weather is either feast or famine. I hope that the flooding doesn't become a problem for you. I think Miriam has a great idea if you get the chance. Playing with new toys is good, especially when they are beauties like yours.

Lynn said...

Long ago they used to treat illnesses with leeches, can you imagine that? Ewww. I hoping that this won't be too bad for you in the long run. I agree with the others, play with your new machine!

suzitee said...

OMGoodness Chooky...sounds like you are getting a soaking! Hope your Christmas shopping is sorted :) and that you have plenty of supplies to get you through. What a great chance to play with your new sewing machine!

AnitaS said...

I hope the rain will stop. I think you have enough now. Luckely there is internet so you can communicate still.

DK said...

I'm hoping all this clears up without too much hassle for all of you. Here in Tennessee, USA we had rains like that this past spring and the entirety of Nashville flooded not to mention my small little town being completely inundated. Our little river got to 30-some feet above its normal spring high level.

Saska said...

Did you get your oats harvested? We are getting a few rains here. The winter wheat is about 4" tall.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

You're rained-in! What a lot of water. great photos

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wet wet wet everywhere!!! I remember when our local creek flooded when we were out of town...causing bedlam...loss of land...no power for days...no getting into town...Can't believe it's this weather for Summer...Dzintra♥x

Sandi said...

Looks like you are staying put for a while, with all that water about. A great opportunity to do some sewing on that new machine of yours. :)
The rain has set in here (SE Queensland)and has been fairly constant showers. wet.wet.wet!

Jeanne said...

I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs, too, if I saw that leach on me. I hope it dries up for you soon.

Deb said...

Gosh Chooky thats wet alright, still could be snowing......

Anita said...

Sun?? What's that?? LOL
I hope you are not too stressed about it all, major inconvenience.
Hope you don't lose too many crops.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lots of water Chooky, I was wondering how you were going...the river is very high here, it will come into Rotary part tonight I think...I will pop down in the morning and take come photos I think...keep safe...Peg xx

Aussie Nanna said...

Hey Chooky
I'm really sorry about the crops and the grain already harvested - sometimes life just sucks!!!
Hope your crops are insured???
I understand you may have lost a good part of you annual income :(
Cheer yourself up by playing with your new machine!
take care.....

Leisa said...

Oh dear, what a shame about the harvest. It's always something. My Dad has had his header bogged at least once this week and now more rain. Hope you enjoy some quiet time at home though - sounds like heaven!

Coupons said...

Goodness me!! That is wet!

Nicky said...

Oh no - I hope the harvesting situation improves soon for you. Thoughts are with you and all the other farmers out there battling the elements.